Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Polls

Do you think comic book publishers are making comics for you or for themselves? fav.me/d6d26x4

6%
5,108 deviants said Me (the reader)
10%
9,082 deviants said Themselves (the publishers)
82%
70,894 deviants said A combination of both
2%
1,450 deviants said Other (please comment)


Devious Comments

:iconsteamrolled:
Steamrolled Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
"Do you think comic book publishers are making comics for you or for themselves?"

Whatever they're doing... it's not getting me interested in buying them again. :/
Reply
:iconthemajesticnerd:
TheMajesticNerd Featured By Owner Apr 11, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
Both, definitely! The artist enjoys making, drawing and writing the characters and plot lines and stories! But at the same time, the reader is enjoying every bit of what this artist has done, simply by reading their work! Meow :3 
Reply
:iconkortizhian:
Kortizhian Featured By Owner Mar 29, 2014  Student General Artist
Isn't it obvious? MONEY! XD
Reply
:iconlordmearln:
LordMearln Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2014  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
If I would publish a comic, I'd do it for myself. So...
But in the x+1. part of a comic there can be felt tha thread of the readers... Usually here the story dies.
Reply
:icondemondynastyv2:
Demondynastyv2 Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2014  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Making comics can be both fun and a way to relieve stress, even if it's tough. Though to keep their money goin, they have to produce more comics for readers to enjoy. However, I believe comic creators simply enjoy the fun of producing a new comic and the joy it brings to their readers.
Reply
:icondlc-chi:
dlc-chi Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2014  Student Filmographer
For whatever sells in the mainstream.
Reply
:iconhollanator3000:
hollanator3000 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2013
MONEY! :iconmoneyplz:
Reply
:iconsabotenadopts:
SabotenAdopts Featured By Owner Apr 2, 2014  Professional Digital Artist
This isnt fake. apparently , if u copy and paste this to ten quizzes or polls in the next ten minutes u will have the best day of ur life tomorrow. u will either get kissed or asked out, if u break this chain u will see a little dead girl in your room tonight. in 53 mins someone will say i love you or im sorry or i wanna go out with you
Reply
:iconhollanator3000:
hollanator3000 Featured By Owner Apr 8, 2014
Yeh, sure cuz i didn't see no dead girls no where..... honestly, you're only fooling yourself.
Reply
:iconquinn-s-art:
Quinn-S-Art Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
at this point its about 33% themselves 33% us 33% money 1% aliens

either that or all of that condensed into 20% the remaining 80% being they ran out of fucking ideas...everything in comics is so recycled these days in this humble 15+ year fans opinion
Reply
Add a Comment: